Sunday 18 July 2010

Research and Planning

For the research and planning of my Busted task, I found the video playback most useful in terms of both planning shots and research to locations/props. Although print screening a storyboard was useful, this wasn’t easy to display exact camera movement, camera angles, durations or character movement. Other than that we did little planning as we weren’t sure what we could do. Looking back it might have been useful to plan out costumes more and plan what scenes we would shoot on certain days, to ensure continuity in character costumes and lighting. Embedded below is the official music video, we researched and planned out video by repeatedly watching this. Our storyboard simply consisted of print screens from this video.

In my A2 exam project I will make sure I am more thorough with my research, this will reduce continuity errors and result in a highly professional outcome. The planning will include aspects such as; A script, props, costumes, actors/actresses, locations, shot types, order of filming and probably more.

No comments:

Post a Comment