Sunday 18 July 2010

Preliminary Camera Work; Lip Syncing

To help us get used to the cameras, a task was set to lip sync a given song, my group chose Motorhead’s Ace of Spades. Even though this was a short task, I edited it with cut shots to air guitaring. This was to fill dull space, maintaining momentum and action within the video. For the lip syncing parts I got my team member to sing in front of a projected image of the Motorhead logo, this I felt would give a slightly more professional finish to the video, rather than an empty classroom, a wall or trees and cars. All lip syncing shots were taken mid close up and at a relatively level angle to try and keep focus on the mouth movements. The air guitar shots though were taken at a low angle to make my team member seem dominating and strong, as well as swung left with his head just out of frame to give an edgy and interesting feel to the shot.
I feel this task went well and produced a successful video. Also, as this was one of the first times I had tried editing on the software, I feel I did well and resulted with a worthwhile sequence. One of the problems I faced with this task though was, when uploaded to you tube, the audio track was recognised as copyrighted and blocked, luckily if I went into my account and viewed my videos I could still watch it.

No comments:

Post a Comment