Friday 3 December 2010

Scarlet Pills Logo Design


The first logo here is the original Scarlet Pills logo, a decorative script font using a skull as the "a" in turquoise with a thick black outline. I was not overly keen on this logo, and set about designing a new one for my digipak and advert. As can be seen, I began by looking at a wide range of fonts from Dafont, under categories such as "Script" "Brush" and "Eroded/Distorted/Destroy", this started me off with a range of styles which I could mix together for a new stylish logo. After playing with these fonts I came up with a short list of possible logos, as displayed here. Most of these logos contain a mix of two or more fonts to avoid them being too close to "type up" logos. I also drew over some fonts in a spray paint style to make them look distressed and rebellious, this style worked well with some logos adding further interest. In this short list I tried to incorporate various different styles but kept to a black and white theme as I felt this best suited the band and also makes early development a lot easier. My favourite designs out of all of these are the bottom two since they use both a formal styled calligraphic font mix, miscellaneous swirls and a rough brush font style too, all of which combine to make a very suitable logo for the band.  

No comments:

Post a Comment